- To figure out where to place a main door, divide the front facade of the house into nine parts. The door should be in the fourth section from the right hand side or the sixth from the left side, when facing the house.
- North- facing door should be in the center of the wall, favoring toward the West side, that is towards the North-West.
- South facing main door: must not be in the center of the building but should be either in the 4th or 6th modules.
- West facing door: can be located South of center and not North of center, that is towards the South-West.
- East facing door: can be located in the centre of the East wall, but a little more to the North-East.
- Thus you can see in Vaastu, there is no bad location for a main door. Its the pseudo vaastu pundits who claim that South and West entrances are bad and entrance door should only be in the North or East.
- Avoid the main door directly facing the main door of the opposite house.
- Avoid the main door directly facing an abandoned, rundown or dilapidated building.
- The entrance gate and the main door should be on the same side: It is not considered good if the main door to the house is on the opposite side to the entrance of the property.
- Avoid having an underground tank, septic tank under the main entrance.
- Avoid locating the main entrance door in the corners of the house.
- Avoid locating a wall directly in front of the entrance door. There should be a door that opens to the next room in line of sight, opposite the main door.
- It is preferable to have two doors, an entrance and an exit door. However. the exit door should be smaller than the entrance.
VAASTU SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR:
- The main entrance door should be the largest door of the house.
- The main door should open inside and clockwise.
- Avoid self-closing doors.
- Avoid creaking doors.
- The main door should have a threshold. Shoes should not be kept in front of the door, but to the side.
- Auspicious signs on the door like ‘Om’ and “Swastika’.
MATERIAL TO BE USED FOR THE MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR:
- Wood of Teak, Honne, Matti are good for the main door.
- Wood from Peepal, Coconut, trees giving flowers and fruits out of season should not be used for the main entrance door.
- Wood of thorny trees, fragrant trees, etc should also not be used for the Main door.
VAASTU EVALUATION EXERCISE FOR THE MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR:
This exercise is just a guideline to help you decide, where to position the Main Entrance Door in your house plan. In case you already have a house, then this exercise will help you to evaluate the location of your Entrance Door, as per Vaastu Shastra principles. Accordingly, you can decide if you want to make some corrections and changes to your house.