- Entrance: The Living room should be near the entrance to the house.
- North or East facing site: The Living room can be in the North-East.
- West facing Site: The Living room can be in the North-West.
- South facing Site: One can have a South-East Living room.
- A living room can also, be in the Central East, central West, central North or central South of a house.
ARRANGEMENT OF FURNITURE IN THE LIVING ROOM:
- Air Conditioners should be placed on the West walls.
- TV should be placed such that the viewing is facing East or North.
- Sofa sets should be placed against the South and West walls or if there is no other choice on the East walls.
- Avoid a cluttered sofa arrangement. There should be free movement.
- Avoid furniture near the corners of columns, pillars etc.
- As a rule, avoidsitting under a beam as it excites your stress zone and disturbs your rational judgment in matters of importance. The balance can be partly restored by concealing beams with the help of a false ceiling.
- A small water fountain that runs throughout the day, and made of natural materials like copper, stone, glass, clay, stainless steel, bamboo, etc., or a Fish Aquarium is recommended in the Living room preferably in the North-East corner.
- Fireplaces can be located in the South-East or North-West, since South-East represents Agni (Fire). But it is better to avoid the North-East and South-West corners since North-East represents Water.
- Paintings on the walls can create positive vibes.
- But avoid paintings that depict death, violence and negative aspects of life.
- The following types of paintings can be hung on different walls.
- The North Wall can have paintings/pictures of water bodies to stimulate the positive aspect of the primary element water.
- The East wall can have a painting or picture of the rising sun — the beginning of the dawn of a day.
- The South and West walls can have innovative paintings of a gentle elephant herd, high rise mountains with heavy plant life and similar pictures or paintings that denote strength.
VAASTU COLOURS FOR A LIVING ROOM:
- White, yellow, green, or blue are suitable for a Living room. Avoid red or black.
VAASTU EVALUATION EXERCISE FOR THE LIVING ROOM:
- This exercise is just a guideline to help you decide, where to position the Living Room in your house plan. In case you already have a house, then this exercise will help you to evaluate the location of your existing Living Room as per Vastu Shastra principles. Accordingly, you can decide if you want to make some corrections and changes to your house.
POSITION OF THE LIVING ROOM: